From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain data from a device and display that data in an infinite loop

I'm trying to run an infinite loop where I'm testing a robot for thermal insulation.

I send the robot a command to run infinitely (using VISA communication)..., the robot starts running.

At the same time I obtain the temperature data from its motors (through sensors) and want to display it. The data should be refreshed at regular itervals but I only get broken display of the data at various instances of time during the robot's test-run.

I fear that there is a problem with the time synchronization. But having tried many permutations of time delays at various points in the program, I can not find the fault.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Rajat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,176 Views)

We really need screen shots (*png format/NOT .bmp!) or attached code to see what might be the problem. There are an infinite number of mistakes that can be made (or nearly so), depending on how a program is written.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,157 Views)

Hi

That could be a timing problem, did you try the LabVIEW VISA examples in the Example Finder ? (LabVIEW -> Help -> Find Examples)

There are several examples for using VISA with the serial interface.

Regards

Pixar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,119 Views)