From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to multiply two vector (dot) and get a matrix?

How to multiply two vector (dot) and get a matrix using linear algebra function?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,377 Views)

Are you talking about the outer product?

Message 2 of 13
(5,369 Views)

I tried to multiply two vector using dot product, but it alaways give me scalar, I need to multipy two vector and give me matrix.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,362 Views)

I tried to multiply two vector using dot product, but it alaways give me broken wire. I tried to convert it from array to matrix but without any seccess.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,361 Views)

Can you attach your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,356 Views)

This is the VI, you will find the multiplication at the end, it should give me a matrix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,351 Views)

I only have LV2012 so I can't open your VI. You can backsave it and attach it again or maybe somebody else will have a look.

But there's something I don't understand. You're talking about the dot product of 2 vectors. The dot (or inner) product of 2 vectors is a scalar, not a matrix.

That's why I asked if you meant the outer product.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,344 Views)

one of the vector is transposed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,337 Views)

A normal 1D LabVIEW array (single dimension) does not have a direction, so it can't be transposed.

And still, the dot product returns a scalar. Maybe what you want is matrix multiplication?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,330 Views)

Yes, matrix multiplication.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,324 Views)