LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the origin of the front panel to the top left corner?

I didnt know this VI, and yes mine is somewhat similar. This openG vi has the exact same flaw what made me creating this topic: once the VI is stopped the FP changes back to its non-running state and maybe it just shows an empty space instead of the portion of the FP what is visible during runtime. 

This is not a problem at all once the development of the VI is done, but actually I find it really annoying if you are in the middle of the development.

The plugin I wrote solves this, this is why I said it works better for me. This of course, doesnt mean that its better nor that it will work better for anybody else.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(365 Views)

I usually solve it by making all GUIs where this might become relevant resizable.

Not that that's easy... But it usually has to be done eventually anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(353 Views)

Hi,

I solve most of your problem with this by setting the origin of all pane(l)s to [0, 0] all the time, especially at edit time: the upper left of the window is the origin.

Now it's only the window size, which sets the visible area for the user. No need to move/scroll panes at runtime!

And I agree to wiebe: when windows might become resizable (and most will do) then you should get into the habit of designing them this way right from the beginning…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(350 Views)