From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the origin of the front panel to the top left corner?

I didnt know this VI, and yes mine is somewhat similar. This openG vi has the exact same flaw what made me creating this topic: once the VI is stopped the FP changes back to its non-running state and maybe it just shows an empty space instead of the portion of the FP what is visible during runtime. 

This is not a problem at all once the development of the VI is done, but actually I find it really annoying if you are in the middle of the development.

The plugin I wrote solves this, this is why I said it works better for me. This of course, doesnt mean that its better nor that it will work better for anybody else.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(363 Views)

I usually solve it by making all GUIs where this might become relevant resizable.

Not that that's easy... But it usually has to be done eventually anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(351 Views)

Hi,

I solve most of your problem with this by setting the origin of all pane(l)s to [0, 0] all the time, especially at edit time: the upper left of the window is the origin.

Now it's only the window size, which sets the visible area for the user. No need to move/scroll panes at runtime!

And I agree to wiebe: when windows might become resizable (and most will do) then you should get into the habit of designing them this way right from the beginning…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(348 Views)