LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the origin of the front panel to the top left corner?

Hi wiebe,

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

If you go even further back, you won't even have property nodes.

That wasn't the intention of my post!

The content was: I still switch between LV2011, LV2017 and LV2020. To keep the IDE the same as far as possible I use tool menu entries…

(See my signature line.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(778 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi wiebe,

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

The content was: I still switch between LV2011, LV2017 and LV2020. To keep the IDE the same as far as possible I use tool menu entries…

(See my signature line.)

Ah, OK.

When was QD introduced? 11 or 12?

You can add it to QD. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(776 Views)

Well, sure.

But QD on LV2011 is quite slow and also misses most abbrevations as are incorporated in recent LabVIEW versions. And as I had to use a German LV2011 version (unfortunately) it even doesn't know the English function names, which makes it completely useless (well, 90% useless) to me…

In summary: QD on LV2011 doesn't make sense to me.

To get to an end: all I wanted to express is that Paul's suggestion of using a tool menu item is a very valid suggestion.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(772 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

To get to an end: all I wanted to express is that Paul's suggestion of using a tool menu item is a very valid suggestion.

I'm not sure if it answers OP's question.

I actually don't know what the question is exactly 😁.

"Permanent" came up, and I think hiding the scrollbars is the only way to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(766 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@paul_cardinale wrote:

When you select menu -> Tools -> ... Reset VI Origin to 0, it will reset the origin of the topmost VI (I use this tool a lot).

Isn't that what QD, CTRL+O does?

I didn't know that.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(758 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@GerdW wrote:

Hi wiebe,

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

(See my signature line.)

Ah, OK.

You can add it to QD. 

8.2, 2009? It's pretty old. It's quite useful for me in 2011, but you need to use project files for it to catch many functions. If using german i guess you need to do a custom setting for more fitting abbreviations.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(761 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You can add it to QD. 

8.2, 2009? It's pretty old. It's quite useful for me in 2011, but you need to use project files for it to catch many functions. If using german i guess you need to do a custom setting for more fitting abbreviations.

There is a version of QD available for 8.5, but it became official in 8.6.  But the plugins were not available until 2009.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 17 of 23
(718 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@GerdW wrote:

Hi wiebe,

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

(See my signature line.)

Ah, OK.

You can add it to QD. 

I can't get myself to use the abbreviations.

But CTRL+(SHIFT)+ B, P, T, O, R or I are pretty great. F, K, D, W are a bit harder to get used to.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(698 Views)

I have created a small plugin to solve (most of my) problems about this topic and attached the files.

What does it do:

- you put a red rectangle to your FP, indicating which part of the FP you want the user to see

- when the plugin is called then it searches for this rectangle and moves all elements on the FP in the way that the red rectangle be at the origin.

- Then it resizes the screen to the size of the rectangle, so everything outside of it becomes hidden from the user.

Using this plugin allows super quick and effortless resizing of the screen. No more typing in coordinates or try aligning the FP with scrollbars.

How to set up:

- resize FP to mark + its subVI: copy these to your LV\resource\dialog\quickdrop\plugins folder

- assign a key (eg ctrl + K) in the QD setup to the VI

- open the test VI

- resize / move the red rectangle 

- start the plugin

I hope somebody else will find it useful as well.

(The code is not well written, but feel quite lazy today. I know there is similar functionality exists in LV, but this works better for me.)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(691 Views)

Sounds a lot like OpenG's Fit VI To Largest Decoration.

OpenG Fit VI to Largest Decoration, How does this work?

Message 20 of 23
(685 Views)