From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a picture or animated gif

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to move a picture or animated Gif around the screen.

See example attached

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author beam7
Yes, but it's not easy. You need to get references to the front panel decorations, and change the Position attributes in the same way you have done for the color box.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,097 Views)

Hi thanks, that works for some VI's that I have but I have one where I have a picture of a pcb with 5 test points on it and I wish to move the arrow around the picture to show where to probe but unfortunately it moves both the picture and the arrow at the same time. Is there a solution to put the picture on so that it's not connected to the arrow.

Thanks for your help so far

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,038 Views)
It sounds like you now need to differentiate between picture decorations, which isn't easy. There are very few properties for decorations, especially pictures, so I would recommend you look for a different way to do this. Try using a picture control instead of pasting your images as front panel decorations. Picture controls have properties like all LabVIEW controls, so you'll be able to more easily pick and choose which pictures move and which don't.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,020 Views)
OK... Thanks, will try that.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,014 Views)