From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify X-Net Interface Control in System shape ?

Solved!
Go to solution

See attached what i mean.

The goal of this is that all our HMI  got "Sytem" controls&indicators... How to keep this for X-Net Controls ?

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,094 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent90

Not all of the 'special' LabVIEW controls (e.g. VISA, XNET) have a system equivalent - my suggestion would be to retrieve a list of the values, and then use a system drop down box (e.g. ring / enum / combobox) and populate it with the list of items.

You could also create a customised control (with whatever appearance you like) or create an xcontrol which has the functionality I specified above.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,083 Views)

I suspected this to do... just would liked to be sure i didn't miss anything in system palette or whatever !

Thanks
Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,081 Views)
There is a 'missing system controls 2.0' toolkit available from VIPM - it has many additional system style controls - there might be one in there and if nothing else, it adds a bunch of nice looking buttons etc.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 10
(4,070 Views)

I just tried it. It is nice but X-NET controls are not converted.

Thanks,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent90

Attached the Xnet control with system UI look.

Message 7 of 10
(3,986 Views)

I had a need for a few more system XNet controls.  So I made the Database, Frame, and Signal system controls.  Again why these aren't included with XNet (along with other NI IO controls) is a mystery to me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,216 Views)

How were you able to create this kind of control?

I tried using on LV 2019 and got a broken wire.

"The type of the source is xnetDatabase. The type of the sink is XNET Database (XNET,xnetDatabase)."

Using type cast I was able to run the VI, but nothing comes out of the control and I cannot probe the wire from the control.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,877 Views)

I honestly don't remember how I made these.  I suspect I started with the official XNet controls, and then went to Advanced >> Customize and replaced elements of it with the system components.  I also suspect you could use a Concatenate String (resized to only have one element in) and it should work as you need without broken wires.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,865 Views)