LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to meausre a DC voltage and acquire RS-232 data by LabVIEW?

Hi,

I am a beginner in LabVIEW. My department has an old LabVIEW station in the lab.

The station includes DAQ Device PCI-6035E, PCI-6024E, Cable R6868 (182482-01), TC-2190 Adapter with Thermocouple Miniconnectors, 68-Pin Shielded Connector Block.

LabVIEW6.1 installed in Windows 98.

1. What devise else I may need to test a DC voltage from 1DCV to 28DCV?

2. How do I connect the wires?

Thanks a lot,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,346 Views)

The PCI-6024E, which you have, is an academic bundle that has just about everything you need, even though it sounds like a real overkill just to read a single voltage signal. The card allows you to read your signal, but not without first attenuating the voltage since the card has a maximum voltage range of -10 to 10V. NI has several products you can use for attenuation, or you can get one from another vendor, like Omega, or you can build your own if you don't have the budget. The most trivial voltage attenuator is a simple resistor divider network. Whether or not it's adequate for you depends on a number of factors like expected power dissipation and noise tolerance.

As far as how to connect the wires, check the manuals that came with the equipment. Connect your attenuated signal to the connector block, and then use the cable that came with the kit to connect the connector block to the card. If you don't have the manuals  you can download them from the link that I provided.

Message 2 of 2
(2,331 Views)