LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to match data acquisition system to different type of DAQ card

Hi all,

Here is my situation: I have developed a test system which collects data from a DAQ card.But in my company ,for historical reasons ,we have different type of DAQ cards. For example ,we have PCI-6225,PCI-6224 and so on.So this is the problem,I have to match all the cards we have,I don't want to add too more user configuration input in the system . Is there any way to detect the DAQ card current system installed  inside the program, and automatically adapt.So there is no need for a separate configuration for each board card.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,914 Views)

Yes.  You can get DAQmx to list the physical devices that it finds on your machine, and then incorporate logic to say "If you find Module X, do this, Module Y, do that, none of them, tell the User to connect X or Y".  You can get the Device Names from the DAQmx System Property (look in DAQmx, Advanced, System), and can get the Product Name from the Device Property Node (Advanced, I/O Constants).  Once you know what hardware you have, you can set it up appropriately.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,897 Views)

In addition to what Bob Schor said, you can also get the number of channels, the max sampling rate, whether the device has simultaneous sampling or not, whether the device can support AC/DC coupling, whether the device can supply a bias current, etc.

All of the properties you need are accessible within the DAQmx API, specifically look into the property nodes.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,871 Views)