LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the size of VI and controls unchanged irrespective of the resolution?

Hi All,
I have made the exe of my labview application and when i was trying to run it on the users PC the window was almost distorted in the sense the multicolumn list box on the front panel was alligned only to a portion of the screen instead of the full screen.I changed by setting The window size's maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions.But still the multicolumn list box was still having problem.
Then i thought of including the next option"scale all the objects on the front panel as the window resizes" but that option was inactive.

I read somewhere to select the control and then from the edit option select "scale object with panel".Unfortunately i could not find such an option in my edit menu even after i selected edit menu after selecting multi column list box which i want to scale according to the front panel.

How do i go forward?

Pls give me some help

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,523 Views)
Are you using splitter bars in your front panel? If so, you have to select each of the panes individually to set the "Scale all objects" option.

From LabVIEW Help:

Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes—Automatically resizes all front panel objects with respect to and in proportion to the size of the front panel window. Text does not resize because the font sizes are fixed. Use this option when you allow the user to resize the front panel window.

Note  This option is disabled when you add a splitter bar to the front panel. You must configure the panes individually by right-clicking the pane and selecting Pane sizing»Scale all objects to pane from the shortcut menu.

Message 2 of 6
(3,522 Views)

Thank u so much for ur reply sir.

Yes i am using  splitter bars in my application.

Just nw i tried the options in a simple vi  with a multicoplumn list box only.But sill its not giving desirable effects when the resolution is very high.I read that v can programatically set the resolution when the vi is running and set it back to original resolution after the completion of the execution of the vi.

Any help regarding this?

Or can suggest me a work around for this issue?

Thanks once again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,513 Views)
Hi ...

I removed the splitter.Now the multicolumn list box is ok in display.
But the combo box is being displayed in unpredictable manner for different  resolutions.
How to set the size of the control according to the fp window size from edit menu?I didnt find an option for that.
I am using labview 8.0.
Can anybody help me regarding this?

Thanks..
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,494 Views)
You can size the area of a control or indicator programmatically using the Size property node. I believe in some cases you can increase the font size of the text in the object to achieve the same result. Here's an example of increasing the size of a system combo box by 100 in both width and height:

Message Edited by Bill@NGC on 09-25-2007 07:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,477 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the information.

I will try this method

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,455 Views)