From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the computer to look for SBRIO on a LAN connection when both LAN and Wireless connections are active

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I connected my laptop to a SBRIO using a Cross over cable, I also made the subnet mask the same as the SBRIO and my laptop wireless connection is also active. I am running an application to trasfer files from the network on to the SBRIO. I was able to donwload the files from network using the wireless but when I try to transfer the files from the laptop to the SBRIO the application is trying to use the wireless connection instead of LAN Connection. Is there anyway I can make the application to use the LAN connection instead of wireless?

Thanks,

Mudda.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,261 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudda

You need to manually configure the settings for both the SBRIO and the wired NIC on the PC. They should both be on the same subnet. Using the crossover cable you can configure your PC to use an address like 192.168.0.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Configure the SBRIO to use an address like 192.168.0.11 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. The PC will use the default network connection for all addresses which do not match the specific subnet of the secondary (wired in your case) NIC.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 3
(2,256 Views)

Thanks mark, That makes lot of sense.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,248 Views)