LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make polar plot in 3D?

I want to display polar coordinate datas in a 3D-graph. I think one option is to transform the polar datas into cartesian coordinates and then combining them with the 3Dparametric graph function. But till now i am used to the simple 2D polar plot and i wonder if it is possible to convert the polar plot into 3D. Do someone have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,497 Views)
I am not sure how exactly you want to convert a 2-D set of data to 3D. However there is a 3D graph VI called Basic Properties, where you can set the coordiante system to Spherical. With this you would not need to change the data to cartesian, you could use it directly.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,494 Views)
Of course i would use an array of polar plots (one polar plot data array for each different azimuth angle).
But thanks a lot for your hint! I think this will do.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,494 Views)
Hi..
This is an reply to your old quest..Hope you solved your problem..I am also searchig same sort of things. I am aquring scanning Lidar data which is a function of Height,Distance and and the signal amlitude. I want to plot this data in real time in a polar plot fashion..Something like the attached plot
Regards
Sandy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,379 Views)

Hi,

Is there any function to make a polar plot in 3D specifying the magnitude of the ventor and the theta and phi angles?

Actually, I need to plot the radiation pattern of a RF product in 3, but I have all the data in polar. Does anybody have a VI example?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,876 Views)