LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make interface for email sending

Solved!
Go to solution

How to make interface for email sending.

Just send a simple message and attach a file only.

The outgoing and incoming server's ip and user name with password is known.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,772 Views)
Look under the block diagram palette Data Communication /  Protocols / SMTP E-mail
Message 2 of 13
(3,765 Views)

What exactly is the problem? You've got the Data Communication>Protocols>SMTP Email palette.

Have you even tried to search the forum for 'email' posts?

Message 3 of 13
(3,764 Views)

I am trying to use the 'SMTP email send multiple attachments.vi'.

May I know how to input the login user/pw for the email server.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,713 Views)
The SMTP VIs that come with LabVIEW do not support authentication. If your mail server requires authentication you will need to use an alternate means. For example, you can use the OpenG SMTP VIs or .NET if you're on Windows. Do a search and you'll be able to find both as this issue has come up many times before.
Message 5 of 13
(3,709 Views)
Any good sample to start with .net. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alex.
Example prog for sending Emails through gmail.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 7 of 13
(3,672 Views)

Great one, works all right.

May I know if this call the google's gmail or the .net function. Or use some others?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,630 Views)

Hi Baji 

I found the program sometime cannot send it out, especially the first runup. And no error is given.

Is there any timeout setting.

If run in buddle in debug mode, seems error never happen.

Any suggestion, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,614 Views)

turbot wrote:

May I know if this call the google's gmail or the .net function. Or use some others?

Your question is not clear. Can you please rephrase this? Are you asking whether this can be used with other email servers? Then, yes, it can. Just change the email server name and the authentication credentials.

I found the program sometime cannot send it out, especially the first runup. And no error is given.

Is there any timeout setting.

If run in buddle in debug mode, seems error never happen.

Any suggestion, thanks.

If it always works when you are running in highlight mode then clearly it is a timing issue and you will need to account for this by inserting wait functions in the appropriate places. Experiment with waits in various places to see what works best. We cannot solve this part for you since it's partially dependent on your network. 

Message 10 of 13
(3,572 Views)