LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make front the panel transparent while certain control still visible?

Hello Tst,

Thanks for the solution you suggested.

I tried but was not successful in making child window transparent.

Wven I was successful in making workspace aindow transparent but couldn't able to catch child windows on main workspace window.

Will you please post an example on how to get handle for child windows?

Thnaks and Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(831 Views)

Like I said, I have no idea how VS works and I don't know that they are actually child windows, so I don't know what's needed for this to work. I would suggest you try talking to NI directly.

(829 Views)

Hi TSt,

Sure..

Now I will contact NI India for this issue.

Anyway will you please guide me on how I can import pictures to labVIEW front panel with hollow portions on it?

I mean I want to have a picture (steering wheel in this case) with transparent portions in it so that I can see/operate controls/Indicators/images through them.

Also It will great help if you give me clue on how to avoid rectangular borders when importing pictures on front panel.

Thanks and Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(826 Views)

To have pictures with transparency you need use a format which supports it, such as WMF (for instance, you can use PowerPoint to create shapes and copy them) or PNG (personally, I like Paint.NET for this, but there are other options as well). If the image has pixels defined as transparent, LabVIEW will not show them (although I'm not sure if you can click things which are behind such an image).

(817 Views)