From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make front the panel transparent while certain control still visible?

I'm trying to make a countdown vi as attached. I want the whole thing to be transparent with only the number visible. However making the FP transparent means every controls/indicator will be transparent. So how to leave certain control/indicator unaffected? Or are there better ways to do it?

Thanks,

Lei 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(5,850 Views)
You can make a specific color in the front panel transparent if you don't mind making a call to the Windows API. I posted an example here, but I believe in that case it's using a constant for the color. You can get the details yourself by reading the function's documentation in the MSDN.

Wow, it works!

Andrey.

Message 3 of 24
(5,829 Views)

Hey Andrey,

Can you save it in 8.5?

Thanks,

Lei 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(5,820 Views)
saved for LV 8.5
Message 5 of 24
(5,811 Views)
Amazing! Though absolutely no ideal how it works! Never dealt with API so far. Need some research ...

Thank you both!
Lei 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(5,797 Views)
it really really amazing thing. so cool app. i just try to do this thing. thks "Andrey Dmitriev" for post it here.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(5,654 Views)

Andrey,

Can you attach it for lv 8.0?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(5,510 Views)

muks wrote:

Andrey,

Can you attach it for lv 8.0?

No, sorry, I haven't 8.2 on my PC for downgrade.

Here is the screenshot:

scr.png

The main idea is to make front panel completely white, and then using white as color key for transparency. 

Andrey.

Message 9 of 24
(5,503 Views)

Here's the VI in 8.0. For those who want an earlier version, you can just open the example in the thread I linked to earlier.

The input which is 00FFFFFF in the example is what the determines the transparency color. FFFFFF is white.