LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make cursors on two plots follow each other

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two waveform graphs on the front panel (Ch3 and Ch4).  Each of these have the same X axis scale and each have 2 cursors (Cursor 0 and Cursor 1). I want to make the cursors follow each other.  For exampe, I select Ch3 Cursor 0 and move it to a certain X position.  I then want Ch4 Cursor 0 to move to the same X position on the Ch4 waveform.  If I then move the cursor on Ch4 Cursor 1 to a certain X position, I want Ch3 Cursor 1 to move to the same X position on the Ch3 waveform. 

I have tried using Event Structures and this works great if I just want Ch4 cursors to follow Ch3 cursors.  But if I want to be able to adjust either and have the other follow I can't get it to work.  If I could get two event structures in the same while loop it might work but A) I have read that is not a good idea and B) I ahve been unable to get it to work anyway.  I am sure this is possible...could someone give me some suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lme999

What do you mean by 

@lme999 wrote:

If I could get two event structures in the same while loop...

?

You can handle both events in the same event structure (just configure 2 events).

(It's true that it's not a good idea to have 2 event structures in one while loop. That's the nature of data flow... the while loop only iterates when both event structures execute exactly once. Anyway, usually 1 event structure is sufficient.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,149 Views)

Wow, ok it is that simple.  I haven't used event structures in a while and for some reason was thinking that each event structure needed to be tied to only one event "source"....I don't know why I was thinking that.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,142 Views)