From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make an LED have a lable when it is ON and a different labe when it blinks?

Hi,

I have a very simple code using the feedback node to make a LED stay off when both of the push buttons are off; otherwise, the LED starts blinking.  I need like for the LED to show "NO ERROR"  label when it is not blinking, and to show "ERROR" label when it starts blinking. But I have not been able to figure out how to do this without having two different LEDs.

Thanks,

LT42

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,696 Views)

Your description is very confusing.

• What is the significance of the feedback node? A feedback node does typically not decide if a LED is on or off.
  • What is the significance of two LEDs? Do they depend on each or are you looking ar a solution for a single LED that then can be duplicated?
  • Are there two (Off, blinking) or three states (off, blinking, on)  needed for the LED?
  • Are you talking about the blinking property or are you talking about blinking=on,off, on, off... etc in succession.

You can programmatically change the caption or boolean text. You could also use a cluster of a LED and a string indicator for more flexiility. Please show us your code so we can better understand what you need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,691 Views)

Blinking = attention-getter   - got it.  However, if there is no error, I would not use any caption/label, or rather I would make the caption/label invisible (with a property node), and then make it visible again when there is an error. 

Also, just making the ON text read "ERROR" should work too, unless you use steady on for something else.

Michael Tracy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,682 Views)

The attached example shows how you can use property nodes to change the boolean text (as mentioned above) and the blinking property. 

Is this the functionality you were looking for?

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,679 Views)

Peter D,

I think that is the functionality that I am looking for. The only problem is that I have LabView 9, and the file is in a newer version. Would it be possible for you to uploade it in a different version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,653 Views)

Hi LT42

Here it is in LabVIEW 9.0.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,628 Views)

Thank you very much. That was very helpful!

LT42

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,608 Views)

No problem!  Glad to help.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,604 Views)