From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a table retain values?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a simple data log that records a sample, but it only updates in one row of the table. How do I get it to retain all the previous readings?

I know it has something to do with the shift register, but I can seem to find out what makes it work.

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabNoob14

Your shift register needs to be fed through the false case, also. Otherwise it resets it to an empty array.

Message 2 of 9
(3,404 Views)

Oh yeah, thanks lol.

Do you know how I can wire up the elapse time for the entire run duration instead of just the target time control?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,386 Views)
 wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks lol.

Do you know how I can wire up the elapse time for the entire run duration instead of just the target time control?

Just get the current time and subtract the start time. (Get Date/Time in Seconds)

Message 4 of 9
(3,375 Views)

@Mancho00 wrote:
 wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks lol.

Just get the current time and subtract the start time. (Get Date/Time in Seconds)

I typically use high resolution relative seconds instead. A DBL uses fewer bits than a timestamp. 😄

Message 5 of 9
(3,338 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Mancho00 wrote:
 wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks lol.

I typically use high resolution relative seconds instead. A DBL uses fewer bits than a timestamp. 😄

It says don't use over long periods of time.  Any idea what a "long" time is?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,329 Views)

Haha I dunno, somewhere between 1 and infinity?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,326 Views)

"A long time" in this case is probably in the neighborhood of 49.7 days of PC uptime.  The "High resolution" VI returns a value that's just a more precise version of the "Tick count (ms)" VI, which is a 32-bit unsigned integer counting milliseconds since the last time your PC restarted.  When you reach the 49.7 day threshold they probably both loop back around to zero, messing up any calculations you're doing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,316 Views)

I doubt the DBL will ever roll over, you'll just lose resolution when subtracting values that differ by a huge order of magnitude.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,300 Views)