From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a decoration not clickable?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to put a decoration over a button, but decoration blocks button's hitbox. Is there a way to solve that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,772 Views)

We're going to need a bit more information... but a place you might want to start is looking at the Z-order

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/changingtheorderoffpanelob/

Edit:  To clarify, by "more information" I mean what are you trying to do?  I can't think of a good reason to place a decoration OVER a button - which means there is likely a better way to accomplish your goal.  Please post your code or the VI you are working on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,762 Views)

Most of the time, a decoration is placed over a control in order to do just that, prevent interaction.  If you are wanting to change the icon on a button, right click the control, click Advanced -> Customize.  This will let you add decoration that is part of the button and doesn't interfere with its operation. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 7
(3,742 Views)

Do you want to customize control (is that you wanted to achieve?)

If Yes you can customize and save as a control file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,706 Views)

I often use decoration on my Front Panel, like a piping diagram to aid the GUI. In such case after placing the png picture on the FP, I need to bring other "active" LV components to front for example...

Select your button or other object. Go to "Reorder" --> Move To Front:

fcsdfds.png

edit: when you place a decoration on the top of your existing button, obviously just select your decoration itself, and click on "Move To Back"...

Message 5 of 7
(3,693 Views)

I want to customize my buttons thats why Im putting an object over a button, I didnt share the vi because I thought it was a just a general question, I couldn't do it with Advanced -> Customize tooButtonIcon.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,655 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aaa_aaa

A Jing is worth at least 1000 words

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 7
(3,652 Views)