LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a connection between LV and Raspberry Pi 3 B+ using TCP/IP?

Hello everyone,

I want to use a Raspberry Pi 3B+ as a microcontroller to controlling a DC Motor and 3 Stepper Motor, i have a problem with connecting raspbi with LV using TCP/IP. I used python as programs of controlling DC Motor and Stepper Motor. In this case, Labview is just for interfacing.

Regards, Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,843 Views)

Are you still trying to connect directly with LabVIEW? Or now you want advice on using Python from within LabVIEW?

If the first, then how does your connection via Python work?

Posting both the Python and LabVIEW code you've tried would allow people to compare the two and see where any potential problems in the LabVIEW code might be occuring.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,811 Views)

My general advice would be make the RPI the server and the PC the client.

PC antivirus/firewalls are much less paranoid about outbound connections than inbound ones.

What is the problem you are having?

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,796 Views)

Hi, cbutcher..

Thanks for your answer.

i still trying to connect directly with LV. I saw on the other forums, that i must use library socket on python. I don't understand with that library.. I've just create for interfacing, but not yet with it block diagram, i really don't understand how i use TCP/IP on LV.

Regards, Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,784 Views)

Hi, cbutcher..

Thanks for your answer.

i still trying to connect directly with LV. I saw on the other forums, that i must use library socket on python. I don't understand with that library.. I've just create for interfacing, but not yet with it block diagram, i really don't understand how i use TCP/IP on LV.

Regards, Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,784 Views)

Thanks for your answer, deceased.

I asked my friend, that what you said it's right. Raspberry as the server and the PC as the client.

my problem is, how can i do that? is there any reference for that?

Regards, Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,783 Views)