cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a VI wait to execute until another one finishes

Solved!
Go to solution

Awesome!

I have done both things (set the enable term. char. to false in VISA Configure and set a property node with ASRL End In set to (0)None) and it finally works! Thanks very much everyone.

And just as a thought, isn't it confusing that you have to wirte a false constant to VISA Configure even though you have already set ASRL End In to None?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(787 Views)

Yes, it is confusing. There is also an ASRL End property node for sending.

I think I'm going to list this in the " LabVIEW Minutiae (that may bite you someday) " forum. I know it bit me a few years ago.

Have fun with your code.

Rob

BTW, you can mark my message as having the solution to your problem and people with similar issues can search for the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(774 Views)

I'd like some clarification on this.  I have never had a need to explicitly use the VISA property node for ASRL End In.  I have only ever used the VISA configure.  The VISA configure actually as the ASRL End In property node used within it.

Is someone saying they have had problems where they needed to explicitly use the property node in addition to using the VISA configure?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(770 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

I'd like some clarification on this.  I have never had a need to explicitly use the VISA property node for ASRL End In.  I have only ever used the VISA configure.  The VISA configure actually as the ASRL End In property node used within it.

Is someone saying they have had problems where they needed to explicitly use the property node in addition to using the VISA configure?

Unfortunately, it has been like that for a long time. I do not know if it's a timing problem, but I do know that if you set it explicitly, it works.

I have looked within the VISA Configure Serial Port VI and can't explain why you  have to set End Mode for Reads separately (you shouldn't have to, but it does work if you do).

I also know that it was reported and had a CAR. I have not played with this setting in years and have not looked up the status of it.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(763 Views)

Hi guys,

I have just tried removing the property node and leaving only the FALSE constant wired to the Enable Term. Char. of the VISA Configure VI and it seems to be working well too, so I guess they have maybe fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(753 Views)
I joined up just to thank the people on this thread, I have been searching for weeks to work out why my program just would not work and after disabling the asrl it works. Much praise.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(711 Views)