From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make X-channel decreasing using chart?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,I have signal and I want to use chart to show its on graph. When I make the X channel increasing it works fine but when X Channel decreasing I couldnt get any line on graph. Could you please help me about this.

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(2,917 Views)

I am not sure what you are trying to do, however if you have x and y data in pairs as it seems you do then you can just put them directly into an XY graph as shown.

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(2,905 Views)

but I want to do it in chart.. 

I Want to display the signal on chart when x-axis decrease not increase. Could you please upload the version of Labview 2009. I dont have 2010.

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(2,898 Views)

Why do you want to do it in a chart?  What is wrong with an XY graph?

You cannot do it in a chart.  A chart takes data, maintains a history of it, and has an initial timestamp and a delta time.  There is no way to make it display backwards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(2,892 Views)

But I saw that happens. somebody did who worked before me at my company. But I couldnt understand how did he do it.. 

I couldnt save all the data to show it on graph. I have to send just the current data because my buffer is important 😕 

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(2,885 Views)

Hi,

I am still un sure of what you are trying to do.  However if it is to make the graph appear to be going the other direction then you have to manage the data you give the idicator not try to manipulate the x data etc.

I have attached a dirty example of illustrating data in this way.

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(2,878 Views)

please.. I said Im using labview2009. its 2010

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(2,870 Views)

HEre is an analiz.vi. I think you could understand my problem right now. There is two graph. When I sort The X-Channel's values decreasing, I couldnt get anysignal on the graph but when I sort The X-Channel's values increasing I could see the signal on graph. 

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(2,862 Views)

@No_RegreTs wrote:

I couldnt get anysignal on the graph but when I sort The X-Channel's values increasing I could see the signal on graph. 

You are not using a graph.  You are using a chart, and as I said earlier, you can't use a chart for this.  You need to use an XY graph.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(2,848 Views)

And I said earlier. I saw that happens...........................................

Yasemin Barutçu
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(2,841 Views)