LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log Time Stamp along with acquired data in a binary file

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to log some acquired data along with the time it was acquired to a binary file. Later I should be able to reproduce the waveform with the same time information with which it was acquired. Can anyone help me with an example vi.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,464 Views)

Hi

What kind of accuracy are you looking for and at what rate are you acquiring at? Is the system clock precis enough?

How are you acquiring your data? If you are using a DAQ-card would it be possible to acquire a waveform (which has timedata embedded) straight away?

Best Regards

David

NISW

Message Edited by Davidek on 08-05-2009 07:45 AM
Message Edited by Davidek on 08-05-2009 07:46 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,443 Views)
Actually my problem is that I am not clear with how to read the data back from binary file. I have attached an example code which writes data to a binary file along with time information. Now I want a vi which will read it back and display it on a table. Basically i am stuck up with what to give the byte count input.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Flamboyant

Here's a reader for your writer. Just change the boolean constant you have wired to the "Prepend array or string size?" to True. (would post the VI, but I don't know which version you are using)

Best Regards

David

Message Edited by Davidek on 08-05-2009 08:15 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,424 Views)