From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load sub vi in panel at same location using base LV 8.6

Solved!
Go to solution
I have multiple screens to be displayed on button clicks so I want to load the sub VI panel at same location using base Package of LV 8.6.I could find solutions using Insert VI function but that is available in Full development Package.Is there any other way of doing it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,198 Views)

"Insert VI" is a method of the subpanel control. The subpanel control is part of the base package.

So i assume that you missed to place that control on your front panel.

Please note that you can find the subpanel control in the front panel object palette (called "Controls") as a "container".

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,186 Views)
I am having problem creating invoke node for Insert VI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,182 Views)

The Invoke Node is created when you drop the control. You can copy that node if you need more than a single instance of the node.

The other way to create such a node is:

- Place an invoke node

- Right click on the top bar of the node (should state "App")

- In the context menu, select Link To => Pane => <YourSubPanelControlLabel>

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uttara

Thanks it did work.....but I still have one issue I have attached two VIS get channel config is the VI that I want to view in sub panel but the scrollbars donot work

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,174 Views)