From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link my access database to ODBC?

Solved!
Go to solution

hi mike,

will you help me to do the project using database or labsql toolkit.... i dont know how to connect my previous thread in this post.. sorry for that....

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(1,301 Views)

Posting multiple quiries for help in quick succession will not help at all. Most people here are answering questions voluntarily and it is your task to create a post that will attract the attention of them and make them want to spend some of their very precious time to help you. Whining for help, posting repeated cries for help, opening several threads in parallel for the same problem, and not starting to do some work of your own and post in a thread what you have done so far (yes that include uploading a VI and other support files of what you have done so far), will only discourage everyone to answer you.

I know it does for me and AFAIK I'm fairly ordinary in that aspect.

Message Edited by rolfk on 10-26-2009 08:40 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(1,295 Views)

here is the attachment of my sample program...

open main_vi and give no_0f_pins as 4 not more than 4....

select the signal from the enumerate.... 

and i now learning how to save the data in database instead of saving in Excel....

just now i knew about the command set for the sql and now capable of doing basic program... but i want to know what is the differences between database toolkit and labsql toolkit.. im using labsql and labview 7.0.. i attached only simulation of my project...

waiting for your response... thank u..

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(1,289 Views)

The main difference (imho) between the toolkit and LabSQL is that there are functions in the toolkit that hide some of the SQL commands and make it easier for a beginner to use. At the lowest level, both the toolkit and LabSQL use ADO as the technology. Frankly, I don't think that SQL is all that difficult, especially for what you plan to use it for. There are numerous tutorials available and LabSQL comes with example VIs. You can do a search with Google. The basic command to write to a db is with an INSERT. For example, INSERT INTO tablename (columnname1, columnname2) VALUES (value1,value2).

What database are you using? Have you designed the tables?

p.s. Learn to program without using local variables or the sequence structure. None of those locals are required. Your hidden controls/indicators have absolutely no point.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 10-26-2009 08:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(1,276 Views)

hi,

i have one doubt that error -2147217900 is coming  in my program... what is its means..??

actually what my problem is if i create table in manually in msaccess its doesnt shows any error...  i created table name : report as manually... if i didnt create any table manually and using DB tool create table... if i give diff table name to creating it automatically its showing error

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(1,262 Views)

hi,

anyone help me to solve my doubt and my problem..

lots lots of  thanks in advance...

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(1,261 Views)

srinivasan.accent@gmail.com wrote:

hi,

i have one doubt that error -2147217900 is coming  in my program... what is its means..??

actually what my problem is if i create table in manually in msaccess its doesnt shows any error...  i created table name : report as manually... if i didnt create any table manually and using DB tool create table... if i give diff table name to creating it automatically its showing error

Say are you trying to test us???

Which function returns that error and when? Why does your UDL file seem to use the OLDE DB provider for ODBC sources instead of the correct ACCESS DB Driver?

You don't have any access privilieges enabled in the UDL configuration so it would seem logical that you can't create a table through such a connection.

A google search for your error 0x80040e14 also returns various possibilities. Very helpful and usually quite explanatory is the extra text that is provided in the error cluster about what the possible cause of an error is.

Message Edited by rolfk on 10-27-2009 07:51 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40
(1,258 Views)

hi,

im not  testing anybody....  i want to learn.. im new to labview and especially very new to database toolkit.. 

if u dont mind can u tell clearly i cant understand what you are telling?? pls tell me what problem is in my program... im using labview 7.0... 

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(1,251 Views)

srinivasan.accent@gmail.com wrote:

hi,

im not  testing anybody....  i want to learn.. im new to labview and especially very new to database toolkit.. 

if u dont mind can u tell clearly i cant understand what you are telling?? pls tell me what problem is in my program... im using labview 7.0... 

Can you answer at least some of the questions in my previous post?

Such as:

1) Which functions (VI) returns that error?

2) What is the additional text in the error cluster when you receive that error?

3) Why didn't you use the OLE DB Provider for Access instead of the generic OLE DB Driver for ODBC sources?

4)Did you try to play with the access rights in the UDL configuration? Currently you do not grant any access rights for that connection, which might be ok for queries but certainly not for creating a table, inserting values, or dropping a table.

Message Edited by rolfk on 10-27-2009 08:36 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(1,248 Views)

hi,

same program is in example program of labview 8.6 evaluation.. but its working correctly.. but i verified the example program with my program.. the method of creating of new table name in automatically is same but its not working in labview 7.0.... u can clear my doubt.. Smiley Indifferent

Regards,
N. Srinivasan
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(1,247 Views)