From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface Princeton instruments spectrometer

Hello, 

I need to know which interface is available to communicate the instrument through. I need to design an application to acquire the spectra. 

The problem is there no interface available at all. 

Need help! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,764 Views)

What is the model number of the instrument?

Didn't you answer your own question?  If there is no interface available, then what are you asking for?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,739 Views)

I've used one of their SpectraPro models, and there's an ActiveX automation interface that can talk to the software that controls it.

If I remember right I think I had to contact their support department directly to get a copy of their software that worked with Windows 7 and ActiveX under LabVIEW.  It might not be something you can just download.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,686 Views)

I am using WinSpec 32 2.6.24.0 version and trying to communicated it through labVIEW using Active X control. Earlier I Could communicated using the Active X in window XP but I not able to achieve the same task in windows 7. Please help me with this problem !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,626 Views)

I am using WinSpec 32 2.6.24.0 version and trying to communicated it through labVIEW using Active X control. Earlier I Could communicated using the Active X in window XP but I not able to achieve the same task in windows 7. Please help me with this problem !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,623 Views)

@tanveer1993 wrote:

Sounds like you should be talking to Princeton Instruments not us.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,617 Views)

@tanveer1993 wrote:

Talk to Princeton Instruments.

Don't post the same thing twice and waste people's time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,617 Views)