cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inherit parent code that resides in a different project file

Solved!
Go to solution

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

We are dealing with quite a few PPLs though multi layers deep. I believe we are up to 170 or so PPLs and about 10 layers deep.

Smiley Surprised

My current set of libraries is more around 55 PPLs and mostly 2 layers deep (parent, child, with each calling other "general library" PPLs).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(381 Views)

I have finally made some progress with the abstraction definition.

I have created an Instrument class with Init.vi and Close.vi that will be over-ridden by Child classes (e.g. Keysight-PMPS.lvclass and this class will inherit from another parent class called PMPS.lvclass).

Capture1.PNG

But when it comes to integrating them to TestStand, do I have to create additional vi wrapper code to be called in the test sequence or is there a better way/ practice of doing it?

At the moment, I have created wrapper vi to do the initialization (InitPMPS.vi) and closing (ClosePMPS.vi) and these codes will be called in TestStand (Instrument object will be fed to an object reference variable in TestStand and passed along the test steps).

I can't seem to find any examples here that utilizes the LVOOP and TestStand integration.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(349 Views)

@jamesbond0007 wrote:

But when it comes to integrating them to TestStand, do I have to create additional vi wrapper code to be called in the test sequence or is there a better way/ practice of doing it?

I have wrapper code in the parent class' library.  Depending on the instrument type, it could include a lookup (string search to get the object, stored in an Action Engine, useful for things like power supplies where you can have many).  Alternatively, from TestStand, you can create an object variable and store your instrument object there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(328 Views)