LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inherit matlab code in labview.Code is .m format .

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys ,

how can i use an matlab code in labview . i want to inherite the code done in matlab for image processing into labview .

Is mathscript an option ?.if so how to do it .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,948 Views)

There are two ways to do this:

1) MathScript Node: This is the blue box in LabVIEW.  You should be able to copy and paste your .m file into this node and it should just work.

2) MATLAB Script Node: This box (grey) will actually call MATLAB through its ActiveX interface.  This does require MATLAB to be installed on the computer you're running your VI on.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,937 Views)

PackersFan wrote:

1) MathScript Node: This is the blue box in LabVIEW.  You should be able to copy and paste your .m file into this node and it should just work.

The Mathscript RT module needs to be purchased seperately, so he might not have it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,933 Views)

This is the code .m code iam trying to convert into labview .

courtesy:  Yue Wu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,914 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rameshs

While MathScript and Matlab share many similarities, they are fundamentally different languages, and MathScript doesn't support or have equivalents of a lot of Matlab functions. Also, if you use toolkits, then you won't be able to use them in MathScript. In one of your .m files I spotted the Heaviside function, which comes from the Symbolic Math Toolbox. MathScript doesn't have this. 

As for the code, I'm not sure what you want us to tell you about it. We certainly can't convert the code for you (unless you're willing to hire someone).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,900 Views)

hi 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,894 Views)