LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to indicate an Event based producer-consumer structure is running or waiting for an event to process

Hi I have an event based producer-consumer loop . Inside the producer loop I have the event structure and then I queue the events and response to the events using a case structure in my producer loop.

The problem I have is . I have lots of controls on my front panel and when I click on one control I don't know how long does it takes to process the evennt-queue the message and process that specific case in my producer loop

How and where can I use an indicator to show there is no event ( green light ) and we are waiting for an event 

and red indicator to show something is processing 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,452 Views)

Hi tintin,

sounds you want to use the TimeOut event to indicate you're waiting for new events…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,435 Views)

Thanks,

Could you please help me with this. How can I add this time out event? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,423 Views)

Hi tintin,

add an event to your event structure. Select Application->TimeOut for the event source…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,418 Views)

I don't know your setup so I don't know if this is applicable but you could setup a request for the consumer to do something, and then have the consumer send a reply back to the producer.  Then you can have notification that the operation was processed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,405 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi tintin,

sounds you want to use the TimeOut event to indicate you're waiting for new events…

I wouldn't necessarilly go there.....

This little piece of work might have just what the Dr. ordered to inspect events that are pending.

2013 and later.  The subvi is a undocumented piece of the event inspector window.

!1.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,402 Views)