From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve the sweep speed for Keithley 6517A?

Hi,

I have downloaded the Keithley 6517A sweep vi driver. When I tried to perform a current-voltage sweep, it takes 3 sec for each reading. This is too long as compared to activating the sweep thoough the instrument's front panel which is less than 1 sec.

How do I improve the speed of the sweep?

Regards,
Raven    

Message Edited by Sing-Raven on 12-28-2005 12:04 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,911 Views)
Hi Raven,

You said you downloaded this driver.  Did you download this from our website or another website?  We do have a driver available for the 6517 from our Instrument Driver Network, but I couldn't find this sweep VI:

In the pallet for this driver is a VI called "Keithley 6517 Example".  This might be a better starting place than the sweep VI you are currently using.  This driver is tested, certified, and supported by our R&D department, but the sweep VI you are using is not.

Also there are other customers in our GPIB discussion forums that might have more experience with the 6517:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,888 Views)

HI,

Do you have an IV measurement Vi for a Keithley 6517 , which can reverse the voltage polarity of the voltage source in both directions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,369 Views)

@Smahat wrote:

HI,

Do you have an IV measurement Vi for a Keithley 6517 , which can reverse the voltage polarity of the voltage source in both directions?

Thanks

Instead of hi-jacking a thread from 2005. You should start your own thread. That is ALWAYS better. Hi-jacking older threads are considered bad internet etiquette. So to your problem. Which Labview "driver" are you using? The Labview driver is written in Labview. So it should be no problem in looking at the code and do all modifications that are needed. I think we need more info here. Let us start with you telling us what you have done so far. And why and how you struggle.

Ps Do NOT post pictures of your code. Post the code;)

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Sorry for that. I am very new to all this. So i just ended up posting on an old thread which I know now is wrong. The thing is I have no knowledge about Labview programming. I was given a ready-to-use VI which uses the Keithley 6517 electrometer to perform an IV sweep within a specified voltage range. The thing is the program can only be used to go from negative voltage to positive at a certain terminal. An error occurs if I want to go from say 50V to -50 V instead of the other way around. Although I have no experience or knowledge of programming in Labview, my professor insisits that I should be able to fix this problem on my own. I have attached the VI. I hope you can help me out here.

Thsnk.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,354 Views)