LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore the errors that occours during the execution of the .vi

Hi guys, 

i would like to know if there is a way to igrore the errors that occours during the reading of a txt file because i have to be always in front of my pc to click on "continue".

I have already verified that this is not a problem for the result 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,919 Views)

Hi Gquadro,

@Gquadro wrote:

Hi guys, 

i would like to know if there is a way to igrore the errors that occours during the reading of a txt file because i have to be always in front of my pc to click on "continue".

Implement some programmatic error handling in your code to handle those errors automatically.

(Only when you don't do any error handling LabVIEW will show those error dialogs…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,906 Views)

That is exactly what the Clear Errors.vi is for.

CerrCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,882 Views)

You may also find the settings in VI Properties useful:

vi properties.png

This can be opened via Ctrl+i or File > VI Properties... (then the "Execution" tab).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,875 Views)

@Gquadro wrote:

Hi guys, 

You got some good answers already, but to give more specific advice you need to show us how you are reading the txt file, because there are many (many!) possibilities and the solution depends on the details:

• Express VIs
  • read delimited spreadsheet (newer version of LabVIEW)
  • Read from spreadsheet file (obsolete) 
  • lower level file IO

Who wrote your program and do you have the source code available?

What kind of errors are you encountering (automatic error popup? custom dialog? Specific error? malformed data?)

What causes the error? (file got deleted, file is already open in another application, somebody pulled the SD card? network down and file is on server, etc.)

(Note that if the error occurs deep inside the obsolete "read from spreadsheet file", you cannot suppress the error popup without modifying the system VI, so upgrade or write your own instead!)

Typically it is better to try to eliminate the cause of the error than just to ignore an error popup.. then handle it with code as required if it still occurs.

@Gquadro wrote:

How did you verify that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,856 Views)