cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a control and change a background image SIMULTANEOUSLY

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have made a slideshow VI on LabView that also monitors real-time data from a datalogger.

The program works like this: - 

Startup/Page 1: - Background pane displays a nice screenshot. A set of indicators displays real-time data. Switches to Page 2 after 20 seconds.

Page 2: - Background changes to another screenshot. Real-time indicators hide, and a set of three graphs show up, displaying historical data. Switches after 20s.

Page 3 etc: - Graphs and indicators hide, a 'slideshow' is displayed by changing the background pane. Switches back to page 1 after sequence.

Everything works nicely, except for one thing: I cannot get the indicators to hide and background to change simultaneously, resulting in an awkward 'lag' in between.

I did an example VI to illustrate this. Simply select two separate pictures at the front panel, run the VI and toggle the Boolean control to see what i mean.

Any idea of how to get the indicators and background to change simultaneously?

Thanks in advance,

Jin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,541 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jin1987

Hi Jin,

did you try to "DeferPanelUpdates" when doing the switching? It's a property of the pane...

So set Defer=TRUE, do all the switching, set Defer back to FALSE!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)

I would use a tab control and pictures. I would preload the pictures and put the controls on the different pages. See the attached code.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,496 Views)

Brilliant, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,472 Views)