LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have a continuous train impulsion on a PXIe 6363 board with a closed application?

Dear alll,

I'm trying to create a continuous train impulsion with a VI that will be loaded in TestStad after (Creation of a step).

The aim of this step will be to generate a train impulsion in a sequence and then, go to the next step, with the train impulsion still generated.

I'm trying to get the same result with LabView first but it doesn't work. When the VI stops, the train impulsion stops, even without using the stop and clear task (They will be called later in the sequence).

Hardware used:

- PXIe 6363 multifunction board

- PXIe 1073 chassis

Software used:

- LabView 2014 SP1

LabView example used:

- Counter - Continuous output.vi

I tried to launch the example. The example is working but the generation is done in a while loop.

I tried the same vi without the while loop, and without the stop and clear task. I added the regeneration mode also. However, the generation still stops when the vi ends.

Is there a way to have a conitnuous generation? (This behaviour works for AO and DO on the same board).

Thank you for your help.

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,501 Views)

LabVIEW is a Data-Flow language, with inherent parallelism.  Create your While Loop and start it running -- it will generate a continuous pulse train.

Now create a second loop and do whatever you want within it.  The pulse train will continue to run, independent of this second loop.  Indeed, one of the "tricks" when writing LabVIEW code with multiple loops is devising a way to stop the loops "in parallel".  There are a variety of techniques for doing this.

Have you studied (all of) the LabVIEW Tutorial material described on the upper right part of the LabVIEW Forum's first page?  Do you have a LabVIEW Instructor or Guru to consult?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,496 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

The final aim is to change this vi into a step that will be called by TestStand, so I can't use a while loop in this VI. (Otherwise, the application will stay in this VI in TestStand and the sequence won't evolve). Im trying to find a solution that won't  imply parallel loop in TestStand also. I know that this behaviour works for AO and DO (If I apply 5V on a AO, then, if the VI ends, I still have 5V on the AO). The question is: Is it also possible with PWM generation or do I need another hardware?

Kind regards.

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,488 Views)

Hello,

I finally solved my problem thanks to the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1FF7F4D2E6FC6FF286256D200062346C

Kind regards.

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4