From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give delay in switch on digital output lines

Hello All,

I am working on PCI-6514 Digital IO card, I am writing a sequence to my application using DAQmax for  Digital input and output lines

I want to switch on one output line0 and after a delay 5sec switch on line1 output and after a delay of 3sec switch on line2 output and sense input line 0 and line 1 .

How can we know the status of output ie output is on or off.

Since i am using the IO card for first time suggest me in this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,390 Views)
Hi

I am going to assume that you are using LabVIEW 7.1 for this application.  If you are trying to acquire data from an external device after outputting data to that device, the DAQmx tristate property node will give you this functionality.

You will then need a DAQmx write.vi to output your digital data followed by a DAQmx channel property node. Select Digital Output>>Tristate on the property node and wire a true constant into it. After the property node, you can use a DAQmx read.vi to read the data coming into the digital lines. By using the tristate property node, you can avoid stopping the digital output task and starting an entirely new task.  I am attaching an example program that will demonstrate this.

Regards,
Hal L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,354 Views)