LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give connected port name to perform the task in Conex-cc LabVIEW driver?

Hello, 

I am using Labview Conex-cc driver to control the Conex-cc controller for the motion of DC servo motor which is connected to the sample stage.

Now I wrote a programme to take the velocity value and move specified distance.

What the problem is when I click to run the programme it always ask to select the connected device port to perform the task, but what I need to do is I need to define the port from begin and VI should take that port number automatically when I click run to perform the task.

This is how VI ask to select the port when I click runThis is how VI ask to select the port when I click run

It should be like if i say com15 in programme then VI should perform the task on connected device to com15, it should not ask every time.

I have attached VI for more information.

please let me know if anyone knows....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,373 Views)

You don't give enough information.  The code you attached shows three "mystery" VIs, "Connect Newport Instrument", "CONEX-CC Relative Move v2", and "_Close Communications".  I don't have these VIs, particularly the first one, so I cannot right-click it and try to read its Help.  Nor do I have the manual to see what should be connected.

Here's a useful way to provide us some additional information:

• Plug your device in to whatever Port you are using.  [Something else you didn't tell us -- how is this connected?  A USB port?  Ethernet?  Something else?].
  • Open MAX.  Expand Devices and Interfaces.  Take a Screenshot and attach it to your reply.
  • It might also help to expand the Software Tab in MAX and take another Screenshot.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,367 Views)

Conex-cc DC servo controller 

https://www.newport.com/f/dc-servo-linear-stage-with-conex-controller

Manual to the Conex-cc LabVIEW driver.

https://www.newport.com/mam/celum/celum_assets/resources/CONEX-CC_-_LabVIEW_Drivers_Manual.pdf?1

I have attached the Conex-cc Labview driver, just download it and copy the conex folder to labview (user.lib) folder.

VI

1) connect (which shows the all connected device to the PC) and then we have to select the port , then it perform establish the communication to perform the task on the device connected to the selected port.

2) relative move .  move the stage according to given number.

3) close . it close the communication 

My device is already connected to the COM15 port, which I have to select every time as you can see in

screenshot in a question.

Unbenannt.PNG

DC servo controller is connected to the PC Via USB port(COM15).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,360 Views)