From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get y axis value(in a numeric control) by providing x-axis value using wave graph

Hi,

I'm new here, Sorry if i have selected wrong Location.

I want to get Y-axis value (in a numeric Control) by providing X-axis Value using Wave graph.

i want to do calculations with the obtained value.

i have attached File and Snapshot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,050 Views)

You can use the 'Extract Portion of Signal' Express VI to select one sample starting at your selected time. But it's also possible to do it without the Express VI by getting the raw components of the signal.

Both of these solutions are shown in the attached VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Well, you are using the Dynamic Data Type, which I almost never use, but if you convert the data to a WaveForm (using From DDT on the Signal Manipulation Palette, which is a choice when you right-click on the DDT Wire), you should be able to do this.  Do you know about how Waveforms are stored?  They are a Cluster, with t0 being a TimeStamp for the start of the Waveform, dt being the time step, and Y being the samples.  So if you want a point at 0.5 seconds and dt is 0.001, you would pull out the point at Index 499 (offset 0) from the Y array.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(2,995 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,976 Views)

Can you please attach .vi file

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,971 Views)