From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get updated values from the loops while they are running

Solved!
Go to solution

An Action Engine (see here) may be of interest. They operate as if they are a protected section so have built-in syncronization.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 16
(662 Views)

To see most of the methods for communicating between loops in one demo, see this.  It's the thread titled "Comminicat​ing Between Loops (the good, the bad, etc.)"

Download all three VI's in one folder and run the larger VI. This demo does not advocate which method to use. You've had some good advice here already.

( I just realized how horribly misspelled that thread title is! Smiley Surprised )

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(657 Views)

@Ben wrote:

An Action Engine (see here) may be of interest. They operate as if they are a protected section so have built-in syncronization.

Ben

Thanks Ben for the info.  I have heard the term but never realized I had been using action engines all this time.  That explains it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(643 Views)

@MoReese wrote:

Thanks Ben for the info.  I have heard the term but never realized I had been using action engines all this time.  That explains it.

When we are programming in issolation, names mean little. But when we are trying to talk to each other about programming, terminology is half the battle.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(632 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@MoReese wrote:

When we are programming in issolation, names mean little. But when we are trying to talk to each other about programming, terminology is half the battle.

Ben

Very true.  Which is why I'm on this forum in the first place, to learn more (hopefully something new everyday).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 15 of 16
(626 Views)

Thank you so much you guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
Message 16 of 16
(612 Views)