LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the time interval between a set digital output of PXI-6533 and a particular CAN frame reception via PXI-8464?

I want to set a Port of the PXI-6533 which initiates a Wake-Up on my CAN-System. After particular duration a particular CAN-message with the PXI-8464 is received. The time between setting the port and receiving that particular message has to be shown.

Up to now it is only possible for me to see the change of the CAN message on a waveform graph. But this change has to be compared to the set digital output.

I would be glad if I could get some proposals.

PS: I tried to change a NI-example "CAN Waveform Input and Analog Waveform Input.vi"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,321 Views)
Hi,

there is an example under ../labview7x/examples/nican/Frame Basic with DAQ.llb\ Network Interface Read Queue receives time stamp.vi.

You just have to configure the digital output over RTSI for the PXI-6533 in that example. (Example finder!)

R.T.
NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,321 Views)
Thanks, I tried this already. But I found out that the PXI-6533 has no RTSI connection to the backplane.

Thus I am trying to feed a PXI-6052E-Trigger with the Digital ouput. The 6052E can then synch the CAN-card.

Nevertheless I am trying to configure a vi to receive the the digital output of the 6533 as PFI0-Trigger = Start Trigger 6052E. Do you know an example.vi for this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)