LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of scroll bars in sub panels when displaying a VI which is part of a class?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing an application that applies different analyses to a set of data. The program must be flexible configurable. To not clutter the GUI with too much elements I ended up with the idea to load the needed user interfaces for each specific analysis dynamically into a single sub panel when needed. This works well without any problem.

Due to the fact that all analyses share some common functionality I have decided to use LabVIEW classes for implementation. Each class has one VI representing the user interface to show in the sub panel.

This works also well BUT the sub panel always shows a horizontal and vertical scroll bar I don't want to see!

I have already learned that I need to change the user interface VI to a custom "Window Appearance" and disable the "Show scroll bar" properties. But this seems to work only for "normal" VIs but not for VIs that are part of a class.

Any ideas?

Ingo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,988 Views)

Hi Ingo

For your problem there will be a solution, please follow the link below. I hope this will help you to solve the problem.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/61F9121357C005008625710F000753A2?OpenDocument 

Kind regards 

Message 2 of 3
(2,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IngoB

Thanks Pixar, this was the right tip!

Although: there seems to be a difference between "normal" VIs and VIs that are members of a class.

For "normal" VIs it is sufficient to set the property to "Off While Running" and it works as expected.

VIs part of a class need the "Always Off" setting" which is only accessible via right click on the scroll bars but not via the VI's properties box.

Thanks and Regards

Ingo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,943 Views)