From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of bouncing value in zero crossing

Our project shows the distance by phase detection using zero crossing method. As shown in the figure, the phase of two incoming signals is detected by zero crossing. After that, the phase difference is obtained by the difference between two phases, and the distance is obtained by substituting the calculated phase difference into the distance formula.But the problem is that when you plot the distance on a waveform chart, you get bouncing values all over the place. This causes an error. I am wondering how I can get rid of this bouncing value.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,853 Views)

We don't have your instrument. Can you attach a simplfied VI that contains typical data and expected result? How noisy is it? Are the first two channels quadrature data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,823 Views)

No idea why it makes sense to heat up the pt100 ... despite using the response to measure heat transfer?

Yes, you can build yourself a voltage controled current source and control it with the 9263..

But how do you qualify (calibrate) your current source?

How do you measure the pt100 resistance?

I would supply the pt100 and a 100 Ohm reference in series (and measure both voltages) with that voltage source and a source follower and do the voltage adjustments (current control) in software.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,808 Views)

what type of signal do use?

if anything periodic (sine?) the are better methods to measure the phase relation.

(tone detection, correlations ,,, )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,807 Views)