From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get remote source timestamp at short time intervals

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to get a time stamp from a remote time source at something like 4 minute intervals and have been looking at UDP and TCP client example VIs but have not found suitable address and port numbers to make it work. I know the pc uses ntp for time correction but dont want to use the pc time as a baseline. can anyone suggest a good way to go about this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(882 Views)

You might do a Web search using "LabVIEW NTP".  There are solutions for LabVIEW Real-Time readily available.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(868 Views)

Thanks, found a great solution "help with connecting to NIST NTP server on port 123"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(812 Views)

Once you get this working, why don't you post it back to this thread and mark it as a Solution?  This helps others who come here wondering "How do I ...".  Glad I set you on the right track.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by EdHarris

Here is the solution provided by Altenbach in the post mentioned above. I changed the IP address to a local server and it worked.

QueryNTPparse2.vi ‏29 KB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(780 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

That last version of your code doesnt contain the correction for round trip delay does it? If not, any suggestion how to set about including it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(465 Views)