LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get help on Labview

Hello,

I want to design a Virtual Instrument on Labview Platform but before starting that i want to ask that how does National Instrument provides technical support to a designer if he stucks in a design?

And what are the means for solving a technical issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,284 Views)

Hello

you are currently using one such method available for labview developers, to get technical support. you can post your questions here on the forums, with details of the support you require, along with some samples of what you have developed in labview and where you got stuck in the VI. you can post images to show the errors that you face or to explain what is the expected behavior, etc

have a look at the forum posts and you will understand how helpful this could be.

apart from the forums, you can contact NI support at your location (have a look at the local cotnact details of NI) and talk to NI engineers. you can search on the NI website for tutorials, manuals, examlpes, known issues, etc.

Edit: Also, you have the LabVIEW help available when you launch labview. use Ctrl+H to see context help, Ctrl+? to see detailed help on topics. you can use NI Example Finder (can find in Help menu of labview window, or in the Getting Started page of LabVIEW) to start with available examples

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,281 Views)

Thanks v.much for replying.

Actually i have gone through the method but it has happened to me that i couldn't got the reply.

And when you start a practical project you to have to submit it on time. As a freelancer you can understand it.

So i wanted to ask how could i get a definite reply to a technical issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,277 Views)

Hi

when you post on the forums, someone would see the post and reply if they got a solution.

you can otherwise contact the NI engineers at your local NI. they would follow up with you till you ask them to stop calling. Smiley Happy

you can also search on the website, apart from forums to see if you can find any suggestions. just ensure you use the relevant search words.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,273 Views)

Thanks again.

I have a question than.

Is the technical engineer of NI is responsible for solving our problem, if we approach him?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,254 Views)

Also take time to get to know your local NI sales engineer, they also a very good source for help or they can point you in the right direction.

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,248 Views)

The NI engineer is NOT responsible for solving your problem, the only one that is responseble is you.

But with that said, he/she will try to help you the best they can, they can even pull in experts from different NI departments to help you solv the problem.

NI has a lot of resources to help you with your programing problems, but you have to drive the finding of the solution.

If you see that you don't get a responce on this forum, there could be a problem with how you are asking for help.

For getting help here, you have to give precise and sufficient information for us to understand your program and the problem. Giving code exsamples/pictures tends to help.

If you don't get any responce, try to add more information about your program to the question/thread that you started.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,225 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

As stated above, as NI Engineers we will guide you to the correct way of doing things, however we will not program code but guide you to examples in the community if required and also point you to knowledge base articles that can help you solving your issues. If you have an specific question I would recommend opening a new thread and post your question to get help from all the LabVIEW users in the community.

Happy Programming.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,198 Views)