LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Value change event from ActiveX component?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

LV 8.6.1

I try to get value change event from ActiveX component. I have browsed forum and examples through but I can't get an idea how to use "callback  vi". E.g. in example "ActiveX Event Callback for IE.vi" there is used "callback vi". I added an example where value change event and mouse down event are programmed to event structure. Mouse down event work okay but value change not. Can someone describe what I must add to my example vi that value change event works okay?

BR, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,484 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SnowForest
Here's the solution ! "Value change event" is not performed into event structure but into "Callback VI".
Message 2 of 6
(4,460 Views)

Hi, Krsone

Thank you very much. Your example works perfect. I forget to mention that I need this event also to event structure. My code structure is producer-consumer and this value change event should be passed also to queue. Should I add variable to "callback vi" or is there any easier way ?

BR, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,440 Views)

Jim,

in order to synchronize ActiveX callbacks with the producer/cosnumer, you have to either

- create an user event in the callback and capture this in you producer  or

- obtain the queue between producer and consumer in your callback and insert the appropriate element into the queue in the callback.

I think the second option is easier to implement but is more limited in its functionality.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 6
(4,434 Views)
I modified the VIs for an upcoming User Group.  As Norbert B mentioned, I used user events to signal back to the main code that we got the DTPicker change event.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,043 Views)

Norbert-

14 posts to go... Congratulations in advanced (pre-enthusiast)!

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,042 Views)