From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate two finite digital pulses with a phase difference of 90deg on DO of PXI-6289

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to generate two finite number of pulses with a phase delay of 90 degree on DO channels of PXI-6289.

Actually the requirement is to simulate Encoder Output pulses with 90 degree phase difference between them. I've tried to simulate pulses using counters on the card but It was not allowing to generate finite no.of pulses so I want to use DO channels of PXI-6289.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,898 Views)

Your card supports digital waveform generation on the first digital port with a buffer of 2047 samples. Implementing the 90 degree shift requires 4 samples per cycle for a total count of 511 cycles. If you need more, then set the buffer to repeat indefinitely. Since this operation is performed in hardware, you can calculate the exact timing of the repeat and disable the repeat before the count is completed and change the buffer contents to obtain an exact count. 

Here are details on the configuration:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Digital-Waveform-FIFO-Regeneration-on-M-Series-Devices/ta-...

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 2 of 5
(2,855 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but I need Generate two Digital Output pulses on two DO channels with 90 degree phase difference between them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,827 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramachandraiah

configure the two output lines to output this pattern in a loop:

0231 <- 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,805 Views)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,789 Views)