LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate dc signal in labview 6

I am using labview 6 in my lab. I do not know how to simulate dc signal in labview 6.0. Is there any way  that can generate dc signal in labview 6?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,572 Views)
What do you mean by simulating DC? Could you elaborate. If you want to simulate a 5 volt DC sampled with 100Hz for one second. You create an array with 100 elements equal to 5

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,563 Views)
I want to supply 5V dc signal to my circuit. I need a dc supply to run the fan. The fan will run when the temperature in the tank is higher than 26 celcius. And I will stop supplying the dc supply when the temperature reduce to 26 celcius. Can you help me ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,546 Views)

You want to use a digitial output to put out a +5VDC signal.  Depending on the size of your fan, a digital output is not going to source enough current to drive the fan.  You would have to use either a relay, or a transistor to switch on and off a larger current.

What data acquisition hardware are you using?  What are the current requirements for the fan?  Knowing that information will be able to help to determine how the data acquisition card can drive the fan.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,541 Views)
I am using PCI6024E and connector clock CB68LPZ. I will amplify the voltage coming out from DAQ board using 741 op amplifier since the fan needs 12 VDC. Can I consider it as analog output and use the AO update channel.vi and connected a constant of 5 to the vi?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,532 Views)

This question has been asked many times in this forum. But everything is simple then you know how to ;). I think you need a transistor not an opamp. Take a look at this link. It will help you http://www.me.umn.edu/courses/me2011/robot/technotes/motorcontrol/motorcontrol.html 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,512 Views)

I am using the H bridge for controlling my motor. But the circuit need at least 6 V to have a fast rotation. However the DAQ card can only sypply 5V. So I am using the op amplifier to amplify the voltage from 5V to 6V ad supply it to the H bridge circuit.

My problem is how to supply the dc signal to the DAQ card. So, can I use the approach I wrote before to supply the 5V dc signal to the DAQ card? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,491 Views)