From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate clock to Clock_out pin of PXIe-6556

Okay! Thank you very much for clearing that! I am able to use the strobe for acquisition having generated the clock using clk_out. 

One last thing, is it possible to acquire data from a set of pins I configure my acquisition for? For eg, considering there are 8 pins (DIO 0-7) in total, and pins 2,5,7 are configured for acquisition. Now is it possible that the PXI will store the data in memory as BIT 0 (LSB) - DIO2 data, BIT 1 - DIO5 data, BIT 2 - DIO7 data? Presently from my testing, I see that the PXI always stores the data in memory as BIT 0 (LSB) - DIO0 data, BIT 1 - DIO 1....BIT 23 - DIO 23 even if I want data from only specific pins and want data to be stored in memory according to these bits.

Is this possible? 

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(352 Views)

Hi Arjun,

I looked into your question and it doesn't seem that it's possible to just grab the three bits. It seems that you will have to read a U8 which will include bits for the 8 lines, and then parse it to obtain the bits in question.

Tarek B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(334 Views)