LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate an averaged and filtered power spectrums using read from spreadsheet

Hi,

I need to generate an averaged power spectrum and a filtered power spectrum using the read from spreadsheet function.

I had collected some data and I was able to use the read from spreadsheet function to generate a raw power spectrum by reading the power spectrum magnitude, and df of the power spectrum.

I really really appreciate for any help offerred.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,157 Views)

Hi,

If I get it right, you want to make a statistics over your array of data... You can insert the data into array and use the VIs from Mathematics/Probability&Statistics For example: to determine the mean value, standard deviation etc...

I hope this make sense to you.

Cheers

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,153 Views)

Hi Angel,

Thanks for your response. Actually, I want to plot the data in a graph, i.e. plot both the averaged power spectrum and the filtered power spectrum, amplitude vs frequency.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,143 Views)

Hi tronne,

So are you having problems accomplishing the averaging and filtering, or plotting the output of the functions, or both?

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,129 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

I don't know how to plot the results that I have. I've saved the power spectrum data (using write to spreadsheet), but now I want to be able to read back my data and plot the power spectrum in a graph.

Hope you get what I mean.

Thanks for taking your time to help me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,125 Views)

Hi,

You can plot your data using XY graph. Something like this:

smooth.JPG

If your file a header, you have to remove using the Array subset function... 🙂

To make a filter just add a 'check' in the FOR loop, if the indexed value is bigger or smaller than Yo then take/use some other Yi...

Does this make sense to you?

Greetings,

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,102 Views)