LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a finite pulse train of on time/off time of more than 10 seconds

I want to generate a finite pulse train ( no of pulses 1-5) ,of OFFtime more than 10 seconds (10-120 seconds) using PCI-6220.I was not able to produce. Please tell me how it will possible ......Thank You.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,471 Views)

how important in the precision of the off time (10 seconds)  you could just do a software delay (software triggered) with a hardware generated  finite pulse train. otherwise you will need to mage a hardware triggered retriggerabe finite  pulsetrain (not sure if you have enough counters avaliable for this might need 3). 

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,467 Views)
Hello Marimutha,

You can easily set up this type of task using the DAQ Assistant.  Open a new block diagram, browse to the Measurement I/O > DAQmx Data Acquisition Palette, select the DAQ Assistant and place it on your block diagram.  When the Create New dialog box appears, select Counter Output > Pulse Output.  Next select one of the counters on your PCI-6220, and click finish to bring up the DAQ Assistant configuration window.  Under the Pulse Output Setup, specify your desired High Time and Low Time in seconds.  To create multiple pulses, under Task Timing select N Pulses and enter the number of pulses you want to generate.  Click OK to build the DAQ Assistant Express VI with the settings you have selected.  The DAQ Assistant has a default timeout of 10 seconds, but for the pulse times you are wanting, this will not be enough.  Expand the bottom of the DAQ Assistant and find the input terminal labeled Timeout, right-click and select Create > Constant.  Change the value in this constant to a large enough number of seconds to allow your pulse train generation to complete, i.e. [(High Time + Low Time) x Num Pulses].  With these changes made, simply run the VI and your pulse train should be generated.

I hope this helps,

Regards,
Travis G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,448 Views)