LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Strain Gage Calibration Information like MAX

Hi All,

I am making some modifications to the strain example (Cont Acq Strain Samples (with Calibration).vi) to use with my PXIe-4330 Bridge cards.  I am wondering if I could generate strain gage calibration information after offset nulling and shunt calibration similar to what MAX does when you set up a DAQmx task?

Thank you,

Lynniz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,439 Views)

Hi Lynniz-

Here is an example program that shows you how to pull calibration data from DAQmx in LabVIEW.  I hope this helps!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,409 Views)

Thanks Gary, the example was really helpful.  I have another question.  For my application, I am doing bridge balance and shunt calibration on my channels.  If I want to apply the same calibration data back to some of the channels within a new task, do I just apply the Bridge:Shunt Cal:Gain Adjustment and Bridge: Initial Bridge Voltage (DAQmx Channel Property) from the previous calibration to these new channels?  Anything else I need to do?  Please let me know if my questions are not clear.

Thanks in advance

Lynniz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,382 Views)

Lynniz-

You have the right concept, but the property that you want to use is AI.ChannelCal.Poly.ForwardCoeff.  You input an array of coefficients which you can get from the above referenced example. 

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)