LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the analog output value for a specific time?

Hey uranus999,

I've developed the VI we have been working on into an elegant real-world implementation and I've filled it with comments on the entire thought process which has gone into its production; this should help you understand all of the different aspects of producing what seems to be even a simple peice of code properly. You'll find that it's extremely different than the original VI we produced based around the Elapsed Time VI. All of the inefficiencies that I existed in the earlier design that we developed together have since been removed. It has taken on quite a different structure, based on a State Machine, which you can get more information on from this URL.

RelayFinal.png

It still won't output a real world signal, but I think you'll find all of the help you need from mine and MoReese's posts in this thread.

There are a lot of different key concepts such as Timing, State Transitions, Enumerated Controls and Shift Registers which I suggest you try to play around with in your code, there should be plenty of examples in the Example Finder too. So, please, read through all of the comments and try to replicate it for yourself for a good understanding of all of the underlying principles; the code should hopefully be self explanatory. 

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

Message 21 of 22
(418 Views)

Dear Alex and MoReese,

Thank you for all the replies and kind explanations. I really really do appreciate it.

i think I have a clearer understanding now compared to previously.

I will try looking at the other examples too. 

I will write again if I still have further problems. I like this forum section a lot. It is very useful to me.

Regards,

uranus999

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(399 Views)